1. On booking Alan Massey Wedding Photography for our wedding, it is understood that the company has sole photographic rights for the purpose of resale or publication. It is also agreed that prints or digital images of our wedding may be entered in competitions and be displayed in exhibitions or published in newspapers, books or magazines, unless it is put in writing by us to the contrary, whereupon acknowledgement will be provided by Alan Massey Wedding Photography that no publication will take place.
2. All images in digital format will be available for viewing within 3 weeks of the wedding. These are normally sent to the bride and groom as proof sheets, CD or DVD but could be viewed on a laptop computer. After the prints have been selected, the design of the album, if included with the package, will be determined according to the type of package chosen and the overall desired effect. The minimum number of images will be uploaded free of charge to the company website www.alanmasseyweddingphotography.co.uk with an exclusive password for guests to submit their individual orders online. The images will be uploaded on to the company website within a week of the bride and groom having selected their images.
3. Photographic coverage will be as Alan Massey Wedding Photography considers being to the best advantage of the client, taking into account the time available, subjects’ co-operation and the weather. Special requests are not binding instruction, although every effort is made to comply with the client’s wishes.
4. On very rare occasions and without notice it may be necessary for the photographer originally specified to be substituted by another photographer, due to unforeseen circumstances.
5. All prints produced will provide a pleasing colour balance but Alan Massey Wedding Photography cannot guarantee exact colour matching caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially man-made fibres. It is sometimes impossible to record on film and with digital capture the exact colour as seen by the human eye.
6. Alan Massey Wedding Photography shall be granted complete artistic licence in relation to the process used, informal shots photographed and the locations used. The photographer’s judgement regarding the locations and number of images taken shall be final.
7. The due performance of this contract is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control. The client may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to Alan Massey Wedding Photography but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid.
8. Any complaints should be raised by the client with Alan Massey Wedding Photography in writing within 28 days of first becoming aware of the matter to be complained of and in any event within 28 days of receipt of the images.
9. The copyright of all photographs and digital images taken by Alan Massey Wedding Photography remains their sole property in accordance with The Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988. It is contrary to this Act to reproduce or allow to be reproduced any photographs or digital images covered by this contract by any means whatsoever.
10. It is understood that all films, negatives, digital files and media used in the performance of this contract are not charged to the client and therefore remain the property of Alan Massey Wedding Photography.
11. All orders must be paid for in full prior to being released. In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid, and Alan Massey Wedding Photography shall not be liable for consequential loss, however caused.